With the implementation of the new General Regulation on Data Protection (RGPD), Horizontes is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers and takes responsibility for the security of customer information very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with this information. All personal data are collected and processed in accordance with the EU Data Protection Laws.
In this document, we seek to explain what personal data we collect, what purposes we can use, how we treat them, who we share them with, how long we keep them, and how we contact and exercise their rights.
In this policy, “Horizontes” refers to Horizontes in Pinhal, Actividades Turísticas Desportivas Lda. Horizontes is the “data controller” of all personal information that is collected, and used. Horizontes is registered in Portugal with taxpayer number 504192833 and registered office at Rua da Vinhas nº 14 – Proença-a-Nova.
What personal data do we collect?
Personal data refers to any customer information that allows us to identify you, such as your name, contact information and information regarding your access to our website.
We may collect personal data from the customer when they subscribe to the newsletter, subscribe to our service (either directly or indirectly through our trusted partners), participate in an event organized by us, participate in an inquiry or contest, and when they contact us
More specifically, we can collect the following categories of information:
• Name, gender, nationality, date of birth, address, e-mail address, telephone number, tax number, ID number, telephone number in case of emergency.
• Information about event subscriptions from the client’s Horizons to our trusted partners;
• Information about your use of our website.
For what purposes do we use the customer’s personal data, why and for how long:
• Customer data allows us to process your subscription to a particular event, notify you about important changes, conduct surveys and obtain information for statistical purposes.
• We may also periodically email you information about products and services, campaigns, promotions, special offers and customer service communications. We may also process your personal data to protect your vital interests or those of another person (eg in case of a medical emergency).
• If the customer does not wish to be contacted for these purposes, you can cancel the subscription in any newsletter you receive or also by contacting us by email email@example.com.
• We will not keep the data longer than is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was processed. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the quantity, nature and sensitivity of personal data, the purposes for which we process such data, and whether we can achieve those purposes by other means. When we no longer need the customer’s personal data, we will delete them or destroy them safely.
• Horizontes is committed to protecting customer data and will never be made available to third parties.
Security of customer’s personal data
We follow strict security procedures regarding the storage and disclosure of customer’s personal data, as well as their protection against accidental damage, loss or destruction.
Your Data Protection Rights
In certain circumstances, by law, the customer has the right to:
• Ask for information about whether or not we hold personal information about you and, if so, what information it is and why we hold it.
• Ask for access to your personal information. This will allow you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to verify that we are processing it in a legitimate manner.
• Ask for the correction of the personal information we hold about you. This will enable you to correct any incomplete or inaccurate information we may have about you.
• Ask for the deletion of your personal information.
• Oppose the processing of your personal information.
• Ask for the portability of the data in order to reuse them for own purposes and between different services. (This right enables the ability of the holders to easily transfer, copy or transmit personal data from one computer environment to another without hindrance)
In circumstances in which you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific reason, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that particular processing at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may need to ask you for specific information to help us confirm your identity and to guarantee your right to access information (or to exercise any of the other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to anyone who does not have the right to receive it.
Horizontes may provide personal data to legally competent entities, in cases in which they request it by official means in the context of investigations or legal proceedings related to illegal activities, always in accordance with the applicable legislation on the matter.
Cookies are short reports that are sent and stored on the hard drive of the user’s computer through your browser when it connects to a web. Cookies can be used to collect and store user data while connected to provide you the requested services and sometimes tend not to keep. Cookies can be themselves or others.
There are several types of cookies:
- Technical cookies that facilitate user navigation and use of the various options or services offered by the web as identify the session, allow access to certain areas, facilitate orders, purchases, filling out forms, registration, security, facilitating functionalities (videos, social networks, etc..).
- Customization cookies that allow users to access services according to their preferences (language, browser, configuration, etc..).
- Analytical cookies which allow anonymous analysis of the behavior of web users and allow to measure user activity and develop navigation profiles in order to improve the websites.
So when you access our website, in compliance with Article 22 of Law 34/2002 of the Information Society Services, in the analytical cookies treatment, we have requested your consent to their use. All of this is to improve our services. We use Google Analytics to collect anonymous statistical information such as the number of visitors to our site. Cookies added by Google Analytics are governed by the privacy policies of Google Analytics. If you want you can disable cookies from Google Analytics.
If you have any questions about any of the topics covered in this document, please contact us to:
Horizontes no Pinhal, Atividades Turístico Desportivas Lda. (Horizontes, Lda)
In Charge of Data Protection Officer
Rua Jogo do Bola nº89 R / Dtº, 6150-429 Proença-a-Nova
General Regulation on Data Protection (RGPD): Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Regulation on Data Protection) (OJ L 119, 4.5.2016).